Here is my delicious cheese soufflé from earlier this week. A firm favourite in our house, I have made this dozens of times from a BBC Good Food recipe from their website (cheese soufflé in four easy steps) and it always turns out beautifully!
TOP TIPS FOR A TOWERING SOUFFLÉ
- All soufflés have a built-in limit for holding their puff before going into the oven so ensure your oven is preheated and you’re ready to put the soufflé straight in after mixing.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry before folding into the creamy mixture.
- Use a straight sided dish for best results and be sure to butter it well and dust with flour, breadcrumbs, or grated Parmesan so the soufflé has something to ‘climb’.
- Allow plenty of space above the soufflé when you bake it.
- Be ready to serve the soufflé as soon as it comes out of the oven (before it starts to deflate!)
Let’s Bake Together!
Our Face to Face Classes have now started. Click Here to find out more.